Tis the season for holiday cooking! Do you need a new recipe for your holiday parties? One of Harbour Ridge’s top-notch chefs has provided a delicious appetizer for you and your guests to enjoy.
Warm Goat Cheese Log with Mango Salsa and Crostini
-1 log of chevre goat cheese
-1 tomato diced
-1 tbsp of minced onion
-1 cup of frozen mango, thawed and chopped (fresh when it is in season)
-Juice of 1 lime
-½ jalapeno seeded and chopped
-1 tbsp chopped cilantro
-3 leaves of basil julienned
-2 tbsp of major grey chutney
– Salt and pepper to taste
-1 french baguette
-1 cup of panko bread crumbs
-½ cup of picked parsley
1. Start by placing your panko breadcrumbs in a food processor with the parsley and pulse until the breadcrumbs turn a little green.
2. Next mix your tomatoes, onion, mango, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro and basil in a bowl. Season this mixture with a little salt and pepper and then fold in the Major Greys Chutney. This will add a little gooeyness to your topping and give it a little sweetness.
3. After that roll your goat cheese log in the bread crumb parsley mixture and refrigerate. Cut the French baguette into ½ inch thick crostini’s and bake in the oven at 400 degrees until golden brown and toasty, about 4 minutes.
4. After the crostini come out keep them covered with a towel so they stay warm. Place the crusted goat cheese in an ovenproof skillet and place in the 400-degree oven for 3 minutes. When the crust has browned slightly pull out of the oven and place on a platter. Surround the goat cheese with crostini’s and spoon the mango salsa over the top of the goat cheese. The goat cheese should be warm and gooey, and the salsa offers a nice contrast of flavors with the salty goat cheese.
4. Optional- Pair this appetizer with a nice Rose’ or Pinot Grigio. Enjoy!
Harbour Ridge is a private, 885-acre community with 695 residences that overlook its two picturesque golf courses, acres of Audubon-certified nature preserve and is perfectly situated on the North Fork of the St. Lucie River in Palm City. Members and residents here enjoy these world-class meals right at home. With multiple on site dining options, there’s always something new to try.
To learn more about the unique Florida lifestyle offered at Harbour Ridge and the wide variety of residential real estate offerings available, request a free digital brochure. Discover what makes this community like no other.